March 11, 2020
White Wedding (Billy Idol) w/ Phil Feit- Episode 506
It's a nice day to start again! This week we talk about Billy Idol's hit "White Wedding," its roots and origin, and overall awesomeness. Plus a special guest interview with Billy's bassist Phil Feit! Also in this episode:
- What do British rednecks sound like?
- Former Billy Idol bassist Phil Feit tells us about the song, beating out 75 other players to join Billy's band, and about studio and road life with early-80’s Billy Idol.
- Our biggest “I should have said something to this famous person” regrets
- “Play for the song; don’t play for yourself” and more of Phil Feit’s sage advice for burgeoning players
- Rob’s favorite movie and how it connects to “White Wedding”
Leave us a review to help the show get in front of more folks, and connect with us for Shenanigans, merch, and more.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/greatsongpod/message